Welcome to Sandbox Online
What is a Sandbox website environment?
Wikipedia describes a Sandbox as follows:
A sandbox is a testing environment that isolates untested code changes and outright experimentation from the production environment or repository, in the context of software development including Web development and revision control.
In other words, a Sandbox is used in the development phase of a website to test out designs, structures, plugins and tools and the general functionality of the website before moving it to the production environment, the live site.
Advantages of a Sandbox
- Development environment is exactly the same as the production environment
- Transparency: Clients can exactly keep track of the development of their new site
- During the development phase Clients can save on hosting fees
- Clients can already get used to their new website
- Clients with an existing website do not have to experience any down-time during the development of the new site